Wednesday 13 April 2016

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Amazon link

Anything I try to write about this novel will fail to do it justice.

It's a story about a blind French girl, her father, her uncle and his housekeeper; it's also a story about a German boy, his sister, and his friend; it's about miniature hand-carved houses which hold secrets, it's about snails, and it's about a blue diamond with a swirl of fire at its heart.

All The Light We Cannot See is a novel about light, and radio waves, and trying to be true to yourself and others, and keeping promises. It's also one of the most beautiful and devastating books I have ever read. I have swept all other books off my shelves and replaced them with this one.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely read books but I might make an effort for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be disappointed John.

    ReplyDelete