Wednesday 17 October 2012

Trilogy Pressures and the Man Booker Prize

HUGE Congratulations to Hilary Mantel for winning the Man Booker Prize - twice!
Amazon link

She has made history by not only being the first woman and the first Briton to win this prestigious literary award twice, but by also being the first writer to win the Booker for a sequel. Fantastically well-deserved. 


The pressure's on for the final part of her historical trilogy then.  I know that feeling - ha ha! (not!)

Hilary Mantel has said she still has research to do on the final book of her trilogy, The Mirror And The Light, and said:

"It will be complicated but I'm not intimidated. I think I can bring it home in style."

Fingers crossed for both of us then, Hilary.

*back to my own rather more modest final part of a trilogy The Book of Shadows ... let's bring it home in style!*

No comments:

Post a Comment